New media: changing media landscapes
is orginized by
Laboratory for Internet stduies, Higher School of Economics - St.Petersburg
in partnership with
Faculty of Media Communications, Higher School of Economics - Moscow
and Royal School of Technology (Stokholm)
The international conference “New media: changing media landscapes” to be held at St.-Petersburg campus of Higher School of Economics, Russia, on September 27-28, 2012. The conference is aimed at bringing together academics and professionals in the sphere of new and convergent media. It focuses on, but is not limited to the changes in the Baltic Searegion and covers a broad range of topics connected to the interplay of “new” and “old” media, including:
- Technological trends driving media innovations
- Strategies of media organizations in the new media age
- Multichannel publishing: technology, economy, journalism
- Methodology of new media content research and of audience research in the new media age
- New media as an extension of the public sphere
- Sandra Gonzalez-Bailon, Oxford Internet Institute,UK
- Vlad Strukov,University of Leeds,UK
- Dr. Marc A. Smith, Chief Social Scientist Connected Action Consulting Group, public lecture "Charting Collections of Connections in Social Media: Creating Maps and Measures with NodeXL". In his lecture Marc Smith will speak of how a social scientist can make sense of a sea of tweets, posts, blogs, and updates using NodeXL software. NodeXL is an easy-to-master spreadsheet add-in for Excel that, apart from supporting standard social network analysis procedures, also supports the exploration of social media with import features that pull data from personal email indexes on the desktop, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Facebook and WWW hyper-links.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!