LINIS on the seminar by the Young Faculty Support Program
LINIS’ junior research fellow Yadviga Sinyavskaya participated in the seminar by the Young Faculty Support Program held October 26—28 in Voronovo (Moscow).
The seminar was dedicated to professional communication in English-language academic setting. During the three days of the seminar, participants had an opportunity to attend lectures and to speak with leading experts in the field:
- The international practice of using English as a medium-language: pronunciation and accent (Tatiana Skopinceva);
- Cross-cultural communication: contexts, formats, stereotypes (Mira Bergelson).
Additionally, the seminar included three workshops:
- Ethics in professional correspondence and culture of professional communication in English-language space (Tatiana Golechkova and Julia Chanturidze);
- Sociocultural features of public presentation in the English language for international audiences (Galina Pavloskaya and Anton Arkhipov);
- Anglo-Saxon traditions in the scientific discourse: the model of a scientific paper (Svetlana Suchkhova and Natalia Smirnova).
Yadviga shared her impressions with us:
‘Finally, I got the opportunity to attend the seminar by the Young Faculty Support Program, and I wasn’t disappointed! The seminar has hosted fascinating and professional speakers with talks on very urgent for researcher topics. For example, how to correctly and politely write a professional letter which is often necessary when you want to contact an author of a curious paper and ask a question. ’