Post-Doctoral Research position in the Lab
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Internet Studies in St. Petersburg, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of quantitative data-driven interdisciplinary Internet research for social science.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Olessia Koltsova;
- working on LINIS's research projects in two broad areas:
- automatic detection of online public opinion, public agenda and sentiment, especially concerning important social problems (e.g. ethnic or religious conflicts);
- structure of communities in social networking sites (e.g. representing social movements, self-help groups, professional and recreational groupings etc.), including community detection and other relevant graph mining.
- preparing a research paper in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- some teaching and public presentations of candidate’s own research are encouraged.
The Lab offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as mathematical modeling, software development and data processing support.
Social science track:
- a PhD in such fields of social science as: any internet related social studies, sociology, media and communication, psychology, economics, marketing, political science, public policy and government;
- expertise in an internet-related social issue (e.g. ethnic conflict online) and ability to work with computer scientists on the relevant data.
Computer science track:
- a PhD in computer science, math or relate fields;
- a strong background in data processing and data analysis, that might include classical statistics, SNA, text mining, big data processing or scripting skills.
- ability to work in a team;
- fluent English.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
Please apply via online application form and attach you CV and research statement. Two letters of recommendations should be sent directly to email@example.com by April 1, 2015.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.